Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pregnancy Woes

Can't stay on long because I must go to bed. I am not "allowed" to eat anymore tonight because I have to fast for the 3 hour glucose test the hospital is making me take. Yes, I failed the 1 hour test, which had I known my rights more, I would not have taken it. But how could I not have. I normally eat relatively decent. But then week 28 of pregnancy comes and HELLO SUGAR CRAVINGS! Made a pan of fudge Sunday night - I ate it all by Tuesday afternoon. Made another pan Wednesday night, test was on Thursday. RG was a fuss that day, wouldn't nap, very stressful day, I didn't get to eat til right b4 the test and I had a lot of rice which turns into glucose. Right after I finish, race to my appt all stressed still (which also effects your body) and they give me that super sugar drink (so healthy for the baby, right?), follwed by more stress from not being able to see my doc, and then they draw my blood which I do really bad with.

Anyhow, yeah, of course my levels were high that day. UGH! So anyways, long story short, way later than they want me to, I'm taking their stupid test. But I must go to bed because I still feel hungry right now though I shouldn't and I really want like juice or just a small twinge of sweets.

Not looking forward to being dizzy in the morning. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep well, we'll see - RG has been waking up too. Choose Joy, right? Sorry to say, I am not in this situation choosing joy.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you start feeling better! My blog has changed so make sure you change it in your followe:http://notsoaveragemama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete