Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Another Busy Day

Pretty much gonna write until I start typing crazy stuff and no longer know what I'm talking about :)

So I apologize, I do not have the pictures loaded of her new room yet - the before and after - though the after it's not even completed. Getting use to the color a little more, it's just really hard to say. I think once the furniture is moved back in, maybe it'll look different. I planned to go back to the paint store, but realized this week will not allow as Brad won't be home until almost 5 each night this week and I think the paint store closes at about 5:30. And we still only have 1 car until this weekend when we go to my parents and get our other car back! Plus, so much snow!!! That's why they didn't come by last Friday like they were going to to bring the car back and help paint or watch Rachel Grace. And now tonight, SNOW, tomorrow we're suppose to get SNOW! So, why am I not hearing anything on global warming right now? Honestly it only seems to be in the dead heat of summer or if we do have a couple of warm winter days. When it's 7 degrees out, you hear nothing. But that's another topic for another time...

So we'll just put the room together and I'll deal with it for a couple of weeks, if I'm still that unsettled about it, we'll get a new color and paint it again. Not the most ideal thing to do, but I don't want it to drive me nuts for a long time and I don't want to stress about it this week anymore. And I want out house to get some stability back.

I met with a new doctor today since my doctor has been out for a couple of weeks and won't be back until at least Jan 23 if not later. If it was earlier in my pregnancy, I would just wait it out and see, but seeing as there is only 8 weeks left, I want to see someone that might deliver my baby. She was nice and I liked her, but of course I do not know her very well yet, so I definitly am more comfortable with my doctor. But she is very professional and would do a great job delivering my baby I am sure!

My friend Angela babysat Rachel Grace while I went to the appointment and it was so gracious of her to let me borrow her car to go. She brought her 1 year old boy over - Nathan, who Rachel Grace loves to see! It was her first time watching both of them alone while I have watched him quite a few times and as much as I enjoy him, it can be stressful as he does not like when his mom leaves. I was glad to hear it went well for her and that Rachel Grace was well behaved. I guess it was cute though - I had said "Bye" to Rachel Grace and hugged her and thought she saw me leave. Well shortly after she went over back by my bedroom (the door was closed) and Angela called her "Rachel Grace, can you come back here?" and Rachel Grace is over there so she follows and hears her saying "Momma..... Dadda..... momma momma? Dadda dadda dadda?" like looking for us! Poor little girl, but how precious is that! Angela explained to her again I went for an appointment and well she was okay, I think she was just confused.

Well I don't know why but in the afternoon after Rachel Grace was up from her nap (she woke up just as I was about to rest - go figure), I got this sudden burst of exhaustion. I started falling asleep while I was reading her a book. So I put in a video she could watch (she finally took a liking to a 2nd video - it's Winnie the Pooh! Otherwise whenever I would put in anything but her original Baby Praise Songs Video she would turn the TV off) and I laid down a bit. I did actually doze off a couple of times, fed her in the middle and what not. Finally Brad came home and somehow got some energy.

So it was very exciting - I got to meet with a Doula! She is wonderful and I hope she will be able to be there for the birth of our baby boy! She finds out in a few weeks if her husband might be taking on a different job out of the state, but there is a good chance she will still be around either way since it is only 8 weeks away. But I just feel this will really help the overall birthing experience in a positive way. I think Brad and I just knowing more of what to expect will help also, but some of the hospital experience was not very good last time around and the extra support and stability will help out with that.

Oh speaking of the baby - his head is down which is good, I measure 32 weeks which is right on and I weigh the same as I did at this point w/ my pregnancy with Rachel Grace. Now if I can just get through the test I have to take on Thursday - won't go into that right now because that will involve a lot more rants about the hospital system.

So I managed to stay awake for a quick summary, now if I can stay awake through the entire day tomorrow, that will be another good thing! Brad is sleeping on my side of the bed, don't know if I'll be able to get him to move over since he is a heavy sleeper, but it's good for me to be by the door for my frequent bathroom trips. The wind is getting stronger, so maybe we will actually be having this blizzard that they were talking about. That does not sound exciting at this point. I just think I need sleep! G'nite and thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment