Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Big Girl Bed

My little baby girl is growing up. Very bittersweet as it's amazing how mature she is becoming, yet at the same time, I miss that sweet little baby she was. She was always an independent girl, but now even more so, she is taking it to another level. At the same time though she is becoming so cuddly, at a time when it's hard for me to cuddle.

So, we were at my parents Friday night, Rachel Grace stayed there Saturday night, and when we came home Sunday night, we cleaned up a bit more, moved things around more and had our first night attempt at Rachel Grace sleeping on the twin mattress on the floor.

She went down perfectly. Of course, she was exhausted as it had taken us past her bed time to get everything ready, but it was so precious. She slept the night through and awoke around 7:30am. I of course heard her first and she was saying "Momma" and playing a bit. I was happy she stayed on her bed. I go in there and she's taking her PJ's off! LOL - it was cute!

She also took a wonderful nap in the big girl bed in the afternoon. I really thought she would sleep in the crib for her nap. And she stayed in bed until I went in to get her! I was so proud of her. Just another day where she amazes me with what she does.

Well we get to Monday night. Hmmm, different story. I'm still proud of my little girl because how can I not be, but she was a little scared tonight for some reason. Or something is bothering her, it is hard to tell. She was in there about 1/2 hour. I started hearing her talk a bit. Brad and I were talking in the family room and then out comes this adorable little girl carrying her blankie and one of her babies. It was so precious! We laughed because it was so cute, but she was so sad and scared.

She had also gone to her old room previously because she had set one of her other babies on the rocking chair in there. Oh, it was so cute! And she was so sad :( I held her, then Brad held her, walked around a bit and laid her down again. Not sure if she'll sleep through the night there tonight, but we'll see soon. It would be great if she did, but I definitly didn't think it would've been as easy as it was the night before!

Oh that note, I must go to sleep also, but wanted to share the joy of my precious baby! :_

No comments:

Post a Comment