Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Sweet Girl

Oh how I love my darling little girl. She is growing up so quickly! This is her 7th night in the big girl bed. She is doing better than I thought, however still waking up through the night. Last night was in pain, I believe gas as it was several times and she was farting a lot :( But tonight something else is bothering her, so far only once up. But she just wanted me to hold her and cuddle her and oh how sweet it is.

I really think she is overall intuitive about the baby coming because it has been a couple of weeks that she has been waking up. She knows there is change - well obviously, she has a new room now! But before we even moved her to a new room, she had started waking up, she has become more cuddly and wanting "mommy" more - which makes me feel so loved but at the same time sometimes I just need a break because I am tired.

I am 85% sure that she is going to be left handed. She does better eating with her left hand. I love it because she'll be using the spoon or fork in her left hand and I'll ask her to try her right hand and she does! She has done this for a few weeks and it just amazes me. If I ask her to try her left hand, she'll look at it and put the spoon or fork back in her left hand. Also when changing her if I ask her to give me her "right" or "left" arm, she gives me the correct one! I must say I think she knows right from left better than some much older kids I know, lol, but we'll see if it continues or not!

Oh, what else does she do that I have been forgetting to write about - well, her memory is amazing and just knowing where you put something a couple days prior or if you are taking her somewhere she'll remember something particular about that place and say it. At church she knows exactly where to go to get to the nursery - and that happened just the 2nd or 3rd time we were there!

Of course along with all of that come the tantrums and well, she knows what she wants and she wants what she wants, so definitly some attitude in this little child. Of course patience takes time and even I need more patience at times. But she is understanding better every day it seems. Every day a new word, a new something. It just never stops, she is like this little person that is absorbing everything around her and understanding more and more and communicating more every day in ways that are understandable to most people! I just love it!

Oh she's just going to continue to amaze me every day I know and I look forward to her interactions with her little brother. She's such a good big sister already, I just know she is going to do great!

No comments:

Post a Comment