Sunday, September 6, 2009

Happy 5th Anniversary

Brad and I celebrated our 5th Wedding Anniversary yesterday. It's hard to believe that it's been 5 years already, though at the same time feels like it's been much longer!

He has been on 3rd shift, so he worked, came home at 7am, slept, I woke him up when the kids wouldn't stop and we had to go somewhere. He wanted to come with to our church picnic. It was a good time, but I know exhausting for him.

Came home, kids needed to nap (since Noah had been pretty much awake for 6 hours (he did have a 10 minute nap, but that doesn't count)) - Noah went down beautifully, Rachel Grace a different story. She wouldn't nap, I couldn't rest or get anything done- just one of those days and it was later then her normal nap time so I think she was overtired. Brad took a nap because well, he needed to. Noah gets up, both kids are fussy - we needed to get out of the house.

We get gift certificates from restaurant.com and Brad was willing to wake up around 5 so we could go out to dinner. I mean it's our anniversary, we have to go out! We had our romantic date with the kids at Old Madrid - they always have AWESOME food and very good service! It was nice. Our typical romantic night out where I feed Noah while Brad and Rachel Grace eat - I get crabby because I'm hungry. Noah is fussy because we're eating in front of him and he wants it. Honestly, I've wondered if it's the lighting in restaurants that gets to him - not sure, but once outside he is fine.

So of course once Brad is done eating, he holds Noah and walks around with him while RG and I hang out and eat. I really wonder what it's like to eat slow and enjoy my food again because I just don't seem to get that opportunity as much! Then Rachel Grace wants up so the 3 of them walk outside a little while I get to finish eating.

We drove down by the harbor and took a lovely stroll out there - however it was a little chilly out so lots of shivers! Did get some nice pictures though:



Twas a beautiful sunset!!!

Go home and get the kids to beddo. Since RG didn't take a nap, she slept beautifully! Noah did pretty well also!

Brad and I got to spend some quality time, we finally had gotten Noah's next size clothes up and ready, so we organized those and got them ready to go into his room. Then we finished folding and putting away the huge basket of clean clothes that has been in our room for over a week. By the time we finished that, I realized it was about 9:50 and Brad had to leave for work at 10. So I got some food out for his "lunch" (seriously what is it called when it's at 3am?) and off my wonderful husband went to work.

I do hope one of these years he will not be working on our anniversary and that we can get a babysitter so we can enjoy an evening out just the 2 of us, but we actually were able to have some good conversation working together on folding the clothes. I know that sounds strange, but it's those moments where we have to make the most of the opportunity to actually communicate because most of our day is focused around the kids.

If I do remember correctly 3 years ago on our anniversary, I was sick and preggo w/ RG - 2 years ago, the 3 of us went for a nice lunch at Asiana and then he worked 2nd shift. Last year I was sick and preggo with Noah... so maybe next year will be our anniversary year together? We shall see!

Thanks for reading and please pray that God will continue to bless our marriage and that the next 5 years will be better than that last!

No comments:

Post a Comment