Friday, February 6, 2009

Finally time to write?

So I should be working, but by the time I get into anything, I'll start falling asleep, so why not blog?

So I stay in my PJ's most of the time, and my PJ's are mainly sweatpants, t-shirt, sweatshirt or just whatever is comfy. My underneath shirt was one of my old shirts from work that says "Menards." My wonderfully inquisitive daughter always loves to ask "What is this?" or "What is that?" to items, letters, numbers, anything. So she was pointing to the letters saying "What is this?"

I would tell her what each letter was. I believe we went through them all. She points to the "D" and says "Dadda, dadda" in her sweet sweet little voice. I, in amazement say "Good job! D is for Dadda! Great job Rachel Grace!"

Then she points to the "M" and says "Momma, momma" - Again in amazement I say "Yes! M is for Momma!" She goes back to the "d" and says "Dadda" again, back and forth a bit, asking what the other letters are. When I asked her to point to a letter she would do so also!

I got the idea "Rachel Grace, do you know what an "R" is for? Rachel Grace" She says "race?" I said "Yes, Rachel Grace." And she was going back and forth with all of them!

Many, many hours later once Brad was home and well after dinner too, my shirt was showing again and she pointed to the "d" saying "Dadda." So I call Brad in to see if she'll do them all and sure enough she did! I just asked her where the letter was, she pointed and says "dadda, momma, or race" (She always says "race" for her name, sometimes she'll say something sounding like "ai-che ace" (leaving out the r, l, and g)).

So anyways that was adorable and it's little things like that where each day I want to write about them and share them with the world, but never seem to have the time to post!

She's just this little person ready and eager to learn and with how quickly she is picking up on some of this stuff, I feel like I might not be doing enough with her. Just a couple of days ago, I was coloring with her, so I went through the alphabet, writing each letter, naming it and asking her to repeat it. She did - loved it! There were I think 2 letters she didn't do. It's interesting because even in a book if she isn't sure of an answer (like where is the rhino? And she's not exactly sure which one is the rhino), she'll either take my hand to point or not say anything at all.

Well that thing called sleep is calling me now, so before I start typing all crazy, I must be going. Thanks for sharing in the life of my beautiful girl! Hopefully I'll get to share more son :)

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome Michelle...and way to go RG!!! What a smart little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Catt! I just saw this now!

    And I forgot to write in my today's post - she did it again, on a different shirt, she saw an "r" and pointed and said "race, race" for her name! lol. Maybe I should teach her G for Grace since that's the only part of her name she says!

    ReplyDelete